Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's been awhile

As I signed on to begin typing this blog, I realized that it's been almost a month since my last post! I guess having a newborn around doesn't allow for as much blog posting as I would like! A lot has happened in the past month....

We took Madelyn on her first road trip and headed to Waco for a few days, then we drove to San Angelo and stayed there for a few days and then headed back home to McAllen. We were so surprised with how well Madelyn did in the car! She was an absolute angel! We only had to stop once on the way to Waco, she slept the entire time on the way to San Angelo, and we only stopped once on the long 7 hour drive from San Angelo to McAllen. It was such a wonderful trip and we truly enjoyed getting to see all of our family!

Last weekend we took Madelyn to the beach for the first time! She loved it! Madelyn absolutely loves being outside. Our friends Chad, Jill, Wade and Angela came down and went with us. We had a great time at the beach, swimming in the pool at our condo and just hanging out and spending time with such great friends. I'm sure there will be many more beach trips in our future!



Today is Madelyn's 2 month birthday! I can't believe she is already 2 months old....time really does fly! We went to the doctor this morning for her check up. She weighs 10 lbs, 11 oz and is 22 1/2 inches long. Dr. Naylor says Madelyn is in the 50th percentile in both weight and height. Everything is right on track and we have a beautiful and healthy baby girl!


Hope this post helps to catch you up on what's been going on in our lives lately. I'll try not to go so long before my next one!

3 comments:

Jordan said...

Your blog heading looks great! She's so cute and glad y'all had safe travels!

Jordan said...

I replied on my own blog but wasn't sure if it gave you an indication that I had.
I ordered the balls off of Amazon.com! They were around $10-15 for 150 balls. We needed about 600 balls to get it that full. It's a large pool though so I'm sure a smaller pool would need less. Also, we got a little lower quality balls and as shown in the picture some have dimples already. But they are soft and he can grab them easily.

Stacy said...

Looks like a fun beach trip! How do you do your blog headings? They look so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...