Monday, August 24, 2009

Riverwalk, Tummy Time, and Smiles

I don't really have much to report on, but I'll try to squeeze as much out as I can....

Garrett had to go to Kerrville last week for work. He was only going to have to be there for an hour or two, but we figured we should make a trip out of it since he was having to drive there anyway. Madelyn and I hopped in the car and followed Garrett up the road. (We are not allowed to ride in his government vehicle!) We stopped in San Antonio and Madelyn and I checked into the hotel which was right on the Riverwalk! Garrett went to Kerrville for his work business and then came back to San Antonio that evening. My dad just happened to be in San Antonio for work as well, so he met up with us for dinner that night. This was Madelyn's first trip to the Riverwalk! She absolutely loved looking at all of the scenery and listening to the many noises all around! She is a very attentive and alert baby. The next day, Madelyn and I went to Waco with my dad and Garrett came back to McAllen. We had a wonderful time in Waco with my family for a few days.

Other than our trip to San Antonio, there has not been too much going on around here. Madelyn is growing and reaching new milestones everyday. She absolutely LOVES tummy time! We opened up her new tummy time mat the other night and she played for a good 45 minutes. There is a little bear that lights up on the mat and she loves to stare at it and smile! She smiles so much now and has started "cooing" quite a bit. She makes the funniest noises sometimes. We are loving every minute with our precious little girl!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...