Monday, December 14, 2009

6 Month Check Up

I went to see my favorite doctor today for my 6 month check up. I'm not so sure she is still my favorite doctor anymore though. She made me get 3 shots and THEN she made me get my stinkin' finger pricked, too! Ugh! I don't understand why they have to poke me every time I go there. I am always such a good girl. I laugh and smile at all of the nurses and always love on Dr. Naylor and what do I get in return?!?!?! POKED!!!

Although I did not enjoy my time at the doctor today, I did get a good report! I weigh 16 lbs., 11 oz, and I am 26 1/4 inches long. This puts me in the 75% for height and the 50% for weight. I am very healthy and still growing stronger and stronger everyday. Here are some of my latest accomplishments:

*I started CRAWLING about a week ago and I love, love, love it!!! Mommy and Daddy are not so sure that they love it though. They are having a hard time keeping up with me!



*I recently discovered how to splash in the bathtub! I have so much fun picking my arm up and slamming it down into the water. I think it's soooooo funny when the water hits my face.

Things are going great down here in the Valley, but I am getting super excited to go to Waco for my 1st Christmas! Mommy and Daddy let me open one gift early tonight. I got a really neat mermaid doll. My friend, Grier has one and it is super special to her. I hope my mermaid and I form a life-long friendship. She's pretty darn cute! I'll try to get some pictures of her on here soon!

2 comments:

Mimi Schlemmer said...

You, my sweet Madelyn, are soooo brave! I'm glad those shots are over with and there wont be any more "POKING"... for awhile anyway! Mimi, Poppy, Aunt T, Duke and the rest of your Waco family can't WAIT to see you, your mommy, your daddy, and Trooper next week! I talked to Santa and he knows to bring your toys here this year for Christmas. He told me that you have been a VERY good girl! I love you and I am counting down the days until you get here. Have a safe trip! Can't wait to meet your new friend! ~~~ Love, Mimi

grier said...

Trust me, Madelyn... you will not regret opening that gift a little early! If you are anything like me, that little mermaid will be your best friend for life. My YaYa goes EVERYWHERE with me & I hope you'll enjoy yours as much as I love mine! Don't let those nutty parents make fun of you either... us little tikes have to have best friends, too! ;o)

I hope you have the merriest Christmas ever... that Santa dude is pretty cool!

love & hugs... grier

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...