Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

My parents came down on Friday to spend the holiday weekend with us.  It was great to have them here.  We really enjoyed spending quality time with them and Madelyn enjoyed the constant attention!!! 


My Mom and I spent the majority of the weekend shopping and finding all of the good Labor Day sales while Dad and Garrett watched lots and lots of football!!!  Madelyn stayed home with my Dad and Garrett while we were out shopping...Although I missed her, it was very nice to be able to get things done and not have to worry about her getting tired, hungry, grumpy, bored, etc.  I know she had a much better time at home playing with her Daddy and her Poppy than she would have if she had been out shopping with me. 


On Sunday night , Garrett and I had our first official "date night" since Madelyn was born.  Yes, I know, it took us almost 15 months to find an opportunity for a night out, but when you don't have any family around it's hard to find good babysitters.  Garrett and I had a wonderful evening and are very thankful for the opportunity to spend some quality time together. 

Mom and Dad headed back to Waco today and Garrett and I spent the afternoon cleaning up around the house, doing laundry, and getting ready for Tropical Storm Hermine.  I don't think it will be a bad storm at all....probably just a lot of rain, but it's always good to be prepared. 

Hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day weekend! 

2 comments:

beaumommy said...

Hey Natalie!
I have a babysitter I can give you contact info for. She has been through mucho babysitter training, is trained in CPR, and comes with her own fire extinguisher & first aid kit!!
I told Jared she's more qualified than we are! If you are interested, let me know.
Heather

Stacy said...

Cute pictures Natalie! Glad to be kept updated! I miss ya'll!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...