Wednesday, May 20, 2009

This week...

Pregnancy update for the week:

Sunday night I was having very bad cramping and pain in my lower abdomen and in my back on the right side. I tried to just go to bed and sleep it off, but it just got worse and worse as the night went on. I had already told myself that I did not want to go to the ER again, so I tried to hold off until 8:00am so that I could just go to the doctors office 1st thing in the morning. Well, at 6:00am I started throwing up because the pain was so severe. Garrett rushed me to the hospital (again!). It turns out, I was having CONTRACTIONS!!!! They were horrible! The doctor in the ER immediately put me on an IV and gave me a shot of demerol for the pain and within minutes, my contractions stopped! If I ever had any doubt about wanting pain meds during labor, I definitely don't have an doubts anymore. Give me the drugs!!! They sent me home about 10:30am and I've felt great ever since.

Today (Wednesday) was my regular check up appointment. Everything is still right on track. The doctor said that I will probably still have episodes with the contractions, but she just instructed me to take Tylenol, lay down , and try to get through them as well as possible. I do have to start timing them now, just incase they are the real deal and not false labor like the ones on Sunday. Also, my blood pressure was still a little high so I'm supposed to continue resting as much as possible to keep it down.

We are moving into our new house on Saturday (yes, I know we are crazy) and I think things will start slowing down for us once we get settled in. I can't wait to get the nursery set up....FINALLY!!! I'll post pictures of the new house and the nursery as soon as we get settled.

That's all for now....

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm glad you are okay! I can't wait to see pictures of your house...good luck with the move!

grier said...

oh geezo... what a mess... well, glad that you're ok... try to rest in between boxes, girl!

... and YES.... bring on the DRUGS!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...