Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wow! What a week!

Well, the only word I can think of to describe the past 7 days is INSANE!!!

Late Friday night my Mom, Garrett's Mom and my sister flew into town for our baby shower here in McAllen. We were so happy to see them all! Saturday morning we got up and ran errands all day then headed to the baby shower at 4pm. It was such a fun shower! The hostesses decided to have a Mexican themed shower, complete with Mexican Munchies, Modelos, and Margaritas. Super cute! We had such a wonderful turn out and it was so nice for our mother's to finally be able to put faces with names of all of our friends down here!

On Sunday we decided to drive around town to see the tour of homes in the 101 degree heat!!! We saw some absolutely beautiful homes and had a great time, but I think the entire weekend was all a little much for me because on Monday I wound up in the ER!

I woke up Monday morning with horrible stomach cramps, but decided I was going to try to make it through the day anyway. I was okay until lunch, but things got worse and I had to leave work and rush to the doctor. My doctor sent me to the hospital because I was having some bleeding. After 7 hours in the ER, and about 10 tests later, we were told that I had a severe bladder infection. The doctor said that most of my cramping was from the infection, but she also said that the baby had dropped and that was probably causing cramping/pressure as well. Wow, that was definitely a shock! I still have 6 weeks to go until my due date, so the last thing I expected is that the baby would have already dropped. My doctor said I should not be concerned yet, but that I need to take it easy and get as much rest as possible. I stayed home on Tuesday to rest and then went back to work on Wednesday but took things very easy all day!!!

My doctor wants to see me again next Wednesday to see how things are going and to possibly discuss bed rest! I really don't want to lay in bed for the remainder of my pregnancy, but I'm not sure that I will be able to finish the school year at this point either. Things are really picking up at work with all of the end of the year activities and I'm not sure my body can keep up! Garrett and I are starting to think that me staying home will be the best thing for the baby. We will make a decision with the doctor next week though.

Needless to say, I am so happy that tomorrow is Friday! My plan this weekend is to do nothing but REST and I can't wait :)

2 comments:

grier said...

goodness, natalie... sounds like this past week was madness! so sorry that you've had such a rough go of it... we're thinking of you!

:o) - brittany

ps - what an adorable shower theme... love love it!

Jordan said...

Hope you get the much needed rest this weekend. Take care!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...